Dana Point, CA – October 14, 2013 – A new industry-first deployment from unified communications (UC) provider SimpleSignal and gUnify enables organizations to quickly and easily integrate Google Apps and leading CRM solutions with SimpleSignal’s award-winning cloud-based telephony systems. The new solution will be demonstrated at Broadsoft Connections in San Diego on Thursday, October 17 at 3 p.m.
With new and expanded capabilities, SimpleSignal delivers greater functionality through a more efficient business communications proposition to its growing customer base of enterprise and mid-market companies across the U.S. The gUnify integration also makes SimpleSignal a far more viable communications alternative to more than 5 million businesses, government agencies and other organizations that have switched to Google Apps.
SimpleSignal and gUnify have integrated a variety of features directly within the Chrome browser Gmail window including conferencing, call reporting, dialing/answering and other functionality that all are unavailable from any other BroadSoft-based UC provider.
With the gUnify integration, SimpleSignal customers can now work from within their browser to:
- Web dial any phone number directly from within Gmail instead of launching a separate application.
- Receive screen pop notifications for incoming calls because gUnify integrates with the Google Apps contacts directory.
- Track activity history and create searchable notes associated with that history, as well as tag billable hours, all of which frees employees to work more efficiently and accurately.
- Use instant messaging (IM) and presence because Google Apps now fully syncs with SimpleSignal’s IM platform.
- Quickly and easily establish conference bridges, send invitations to everyone in an email thread and start calls, all from Gmail.
“SimpleSignal is powering productivity one Google Apps user at a time,” said SimpleSignal’s CTO, Ujjval Karihaloo. “By working directly with gUnify, we created industry-first features that further free businesses from the limitations inherent in legacy PBXes and other systems that weren’t designed with today’s workflows in mind.”
The gUnify integration is one more example of how SimpleSignal keeps going beyond the standard features normally associated with UC providers operating on similar platforms. This is made possible through gUnify integration of advanced APIs from SimpleSignal’s platform provider Broadsoft and Google to provide greater functionality for Google Apps customers, as well as leading CRM platforms Apptivo, goClio, Nimble, SalesForce and ZOHO.
For more information about how SimpleSignal enables businesses and other organizations to leverage Google Apps, visit www.simplesignal.com/googleapps_integration.php.
SimpleSignal provides cloud-based unified communications and collaboration services, delivering voice, video and mobile communications to thousands of satisfied business customers globally.
The winner of the 2013 North American Frost & Sullivan Award for Entrepreneurial Company of the Year, SimpleSignal has been one of Inc. magazine’s 5,000 fastest-growing companies every year since 2011.