BERKELEY, Calif.–Sept. 3, 2008—With schools back in session and the summer vacation season now officially over, small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs) need to re-focus all their attention on profitability and productivity. With credit tight and the costs of doing business rising at every turn for small businesses, profit and productivity are hard.
SightSpeed Inc. can help SMBs be both more profitable and productive with affordable Internet-based face-to-face video communications that increase collaboration and cut travel expenses, stress, wasted time and carbon emissions. Following are six compelling ways entrepreneurs can use SightSpeed Business (and its revolutionary nine-way simultaneous video conferencing) to significantly increase their profitability, productivity and overall quality of life:
- Bring far-flung team members face to face. Geographically dispersed team members can still effectively meet face to face and improve their understanding of shared targets, strengthen collaboration, morale and satisfaction, and raise their productivity. Video meetings can be both formal (scheduled) or informal (spontaneous)—the latter being effectively the 21st century water cooler.
- Improve customer relationships. Personal interaction remains the most effective way to close sales. Studies have shown that effective communication with customers is a leading indicator of financial performance, resulting in higher market values and greater customer satisfaction. With sales territories expanding and quotas high, face-to-face contact via video conferencing can be among the most valuable—and cost-effective—tools for today’s sales professionals competing in a global marketplace.
- Meet more efficiently, make decisions quicker. SightSpeed Business video conferencing enables SMBs to meet spontaneously with customers, suppliers or employees when necessary, not according to travel arrangements and schedules. Decisions can be timelier and more effective when the exchange of information and mutual understanding occurs face to face. Meetings are online and flexible, maximizing attendees' availability and minimizing their attachment to a single room in a specific location.
- Raise employee enthusiasm and productivity. SightSpeed Business video conferencing enables more frequent real-time face-to-face contact with individuals or groups of employees. A manager’s video e-mail to all members of a sales team can keep direct communication and motivation on a constant basis. A video e-mail from a manager to an employee with the message "Well done!" can strengthen the manager-employee relationship while building worker confidence and enthusiasm. And a video record of a meeting made available for replay to individuals or groups can raise employees’ sense of inclusiveness and shared accountability—especially those working remotely.
- Hire and retain employees more proficiently. By removing distance barriers, SightSpeed Business video conferencing empowers hiring managers to screen more eligible candidates, thereby raising the quality of potential hires. Interviewing candidates face to face by video conferencing has the dual benefit of saving the time and expense of candidates traveling great distances and being far more effective than phone interviews. Since SightSpeed Business is mobile, interviewing managers don’t have to be in a fixed location. Last, SightSpeed Business makes it possible for employees to work remotely, minimizing relocation cost and eliminating the potential loss of a key employee and the need to hire and train a new employee.
- Eliminate fixed investments for communications equipment. Compared to the cost of outfitting even a single room-based video conferencing system (which frequently costs tens of thousands of dollars if not more), SightSpeed Business wins hands down. SightSpeed Business cost less than $20 per month per user, or less than $200 per year (with volume discounts). And, it’s a quick and easy download of a “software as a service” application. Most users need only a broadband connection to the Internet, since webcams now come built into virtually all laptops and many business desktops today. Its high-resolution, 30-frames-per-second, full-color, full-motion, cross-platform (Windows, Mac or Linux PCs) video has won numerous awards for quality, and SightSpeed is widely recognized as the “gold standard” for Internet video conferencing. In other words, it really works.
In summary, SMBs have ample incentives to think of SightSpeed Business when they focus on achieving their goals for profitability and productivity.
# # #
About SightSpeed, Inc.
SightSpeed Inc. is the award-winning provider of Internet video communications for both the consumer and business user, offering the broadest portfolio of industry-leading Internet video communications services. These include, SightSpeed Free, SightSpeed PLUS and SightSpeed Light (for social networks), the most widely praised consumer-focused video chat services, which turn a PC or Mac into an easy-to-use video phone to communicate with friends and family around the world. In addition, SightSpeed Business is the world’s first high-quality, cost-effective and hardware-free videoconferencing service for all businesses, including SMBs.
SightSpeed's services are SIP-based and standards-compliant. The company’s revolutionary human perception-based technology is patented and based on more than ten years of R&D originating at Cornell University. Among the many awards SightSpeed has received are Frost & Sullivan's “Company of the Year” award, PC Magazine's “Editors' Choice,” PC World's “100 Best Products,” and a 2008 “Codie” from the Software & Information Industry Association.
Founded in 2001 and based in Berkeley, Calif., SightSpeed is a privately held company funded by The Roda Group, best known for launching Ask Jeeves and PolyServe. For more information visit SightSpeed online.